Depression takes many forms, all of which are debilitating. Loneliness, hopelessness, helplessness, anger, lack of energy, sleep and appetite disturbance are all outcomes of depression. Depression affects every area of your life. The negative thoughts are overwhelming and the exhaustion is bone deep.
According to the most recent research by the National Institute of Mental Health, 9.5 percent of the American population suffers from depression.
- Approximately 80% of people experiencing depression are not currently receiving any treatment.
- More than 90% of persons who die by suicide have a depressive disorder.
- Approximately 4% of adolescents develop serious depression each year.
- Suicide is the third leading cause of death for ages 10 to 24.
- Depression weakens the immune system, making the body more susceptible to other medical illnesses.
- By the year 2020, depression will be the 2nd most common health problem in the world.
Depression is one of the most treatable illnesses: 80-90% find relief
Are you or someone you love depressed? Follow this link to learn more about the common symptoms of depression.
Depression is very real and very dangerous. If you are experiencing symptoms of depression or know someone who is call 410-757-4720 410.849.9234, text or email me today for a free phone consultation or to schedule an appointment.